Forget Ruth and Boaz!

Waiting for your Boaz makes no sense! I want me an Issac and Rebecca. 1. When I'm going about my usual chores and he sees me and literally cries because of my beauty. 2. Is doing the pursuing (read working 7 years just to be with me) 3. loves me the most and best.
I've done a lot of being the second fav in life, when it comes to guys I have been the Leah. But I look forward to the day when I am a Rachel!😊
Besides,
Ruth & Boaz is the opposite of "Waiting for your Boaz". Ruth had a rough life and just kept doing the right thing until she found someone who thought she was a good soul, and was nice to her. Boaz took a little Initiative to let Ruth stay at his fields and hooked her up real nice with his workers. BUT he MIGHT have done that for another family member taking care of a double widowed family member. *shrugs* ðŸ¤· Our girl Ruth (under the advise of Naomi) takes the initiative yet AGAIN. She dolls her self up to look practically flawless (not like Esther flawless, but not Rachel mid-workday sweat either). Then goes to the camp for Boaz to discover her. From there he takes the hint and jumps into action to snag her as his own. She's young, he's old. He was actually flattered that she chose him. Which is nice, and kind of cute, but throughout the story it never mentions love. Well..it does. But only between Ruth and Naomi. Nothing about Ruth and Boaz. 
So basically a girl sadly but providentially marries a lousy/sickly(?) husband.  Although he rescues her from pegan temple life [speculation] and gives her a family to love, he ultimately ends up dying. So now she chooses to do the kind and attached familial thing and travels with her mother in law to this unknown land, that already hates her based on her origin. All just to take care of her mother or for the love and companionship of it all? Really this is a love story between Ruth and Naomi. The life Naomi lead and the love Ruth had for her, reciprocated in the wisdom Naomi imparts to Ruth, to ensure that Ruth gets a secured and happy future. She is blessed and provided for so she is probably happy, thankful and while surrounded by support. Passionate love, between a a man and a woman? Not really anywhere to be found in this story. Why is this our standard?!? How did this story became elevated in our minds to read it as something we wish it were. Support and security or Deep determined love (but a lot of trickery and familial trouble? Can anyone say 'Bad Boy Alert'?) *

Maybe I need more context? Maybe I am not reading this properly? From what I see, if I want a love story, a true love story in the Bible much like the ones us lovesick ex-youth group gals had we are going to have to keep digging! ðŸ¤”

seyonora,
Nikki
*There should be a Bad Boys of the Bible book. They need to be profiled and seen for who they are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Trap!

Welcome Back Again!

Resources to look into later +BlackHistory