No Take Backs?
Yal,
I feel like I accidentally deleted a part of my childhood before taking pictures of it. Letting go of objects from the past is hard. I don't know if it comes from moving so many times and stuff being my only constant or my love for nostalgia and preservation of the past.
The past is full of wisdom and traditions far beyond our understanding. (especially in health, food, and manners) Science is slowly catching up to their wisdom explaining the reasoning behind why things worked and were a good idea.
I don't know why pictures give me peace about losing things. We lose pictures too, there is no telling if you would look at it again. But there is safety and a heartwarming effect in knowing that it's there.
So excuse me while I semi-desperately try to find a cached version of my blog before I updated it!
Signing off,
Nikki
PS: Progress is good. Goodbyes are still my least favorite.
I feel like I accidentally deleted a part of my childhood before taking pictures of it. Letting go of objects from the past is hard. I don't know if it comes from moving so many times and stuff being my only constant or my love for nostalgia and preservation of the past.
The past is full of wisdom and traditions far beyond our understanding. (especially in health, food, and manners) Science is slowly catching up to their wisdom explaining the reasoning behind why things worked and were a good idea.
I don't know why pictures give me peace about losing things. We lose pictures too, there is no telling if you would look at it again. But there is safety and a heartwarming effect in knowing that it's there.
So excuse me while I semi-desperately try to find a cached version of my blog before I updated it!
Signing off,
Nikki
PS: Progress is good. Goodbyes are still my least favorite.
Comments
Post a Comment